What We Are Looking For
We are looking for an amazing designer with awesome experience that can work with our experts to create the most beautiful, simple and delightful video editing interface for our users. We’ll put your UX and UI skills to the test and track the results to make VoiceCut something to drool over. We’re looking for a perfect fit with our team and someone who believes in our Vision, Mission and Values as much as we do.
- UI Methodologies 75%
- Amazingly Simple Design Beauty 90%
- HTML and CSS 66%
- Visionary 83%
- Comfortable in a Startup 92%
What is VoiceCut?
VoiceCut is the world’s first voice command video editing software that allows users to edit WHILE filming using voice commands. With simple commands, users can insert start and finish points while shooting that trigger our software to remove unwanted footage automatically. What would normally require hours of manual effort can literally be done in a few minutes and with full user control of the final output. Clips can be stitched into a final video or can be used in professional video software. VoiceCut is everyone’s personal editor.
A world where everyone can make videos they’re proud of
To empower users to create & edit video with the most convenient, accurate, and automatic method, using the power of their voice.
Do what you say and say what you mean. We are all responsible for our actions or inactions so be effective, plan work, and work the plan with ownership of outcomes in a respectful environment.
Above all else, everyone leaves feeling empowered. We remain positive, and living in an "all is well" feel on life.
Making great decisions does not have to be laborious or time consuming. Have the courage to move quickly on ideas and do not be afraid of a failure if it provides a great learning experience.
A person may gain or lose respect, but for everyone communication and deeds are always honest and respectful. Have the flexibility to accept the situation as it is.
Truly interested in others, listening to them as the possibility they are and can be. Relentless customer focus, bringing the user the best experience which will drive our business by acting in accordance to the listening.
Mastery of Life
No distinction between work and play. Love what you are doing. We should be able to enjoy the experiences of both work and life in a fun and exciting atmosphere.
Staying on the bleeding edge of the speech recognition, video editing, creation, and consumption market.
Sr. UI Designer
Location: Tempe, AZ
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaborating on user experience planning with a lead experience architect
- Consulting with clients and lead experience architect
- Researching interaction design trends
- Researching technology trends
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Acquire expertise with VoiceCut software and video creation (training provided)
- US Citizenship required, VoiceCut does not offer employment-based visa sponsorship
- Two or more years of user interface design experience for software, Web applications leveraging emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, graphic design, new media design or related design field preferred
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and associated design tools
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies
- Understanding of common software development practices
- Strong working knowledge of responsive web and mobile application design
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Some travel may be required
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motion graphics design and production
- Video and sound editing
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- Background and reference checks required upon hire
- The job title, description and role requirements for this position are subject to change without notice
- Portfolio to accompany resume
- VoiceCut is an equal opportunity employer